I'm freaked out about health care in the U.S.A. When I see, read, or hear people ranting and raving against health care for all, I'm seriously frightened by them. I just want to say "calm down, don't fear this" but of course they would go even crazier. It's times like these that I feel clearly the cultural difference - I'm in a foreign country. I've had my struggles with this through the years. Then periods of calm. This time of chaos is the first time I have such deep feelings about it that I had to go from being fully engaged in the events and process, to complete disconnection, because I was just too upset. It means too much. It means everything for this nation. And it may mean everything for my family. How can it be that we could be bankrupted by illness? How has the glorious USA painted itself into this corner? It's so seriously fucked up.
If it can't be remedied we will have to consider moving. From the home and life that has been the only one Kurt has ever known. Impossibly hard for him.
The Bill passed last night, but I don't feel that I can celebrate yet.
Yep. I'm freaked out.
No comments:
Post a Comment